Blurred vision is the lack of sharpness of vision and symptoms of not being able to see fine things, also called vision impairment, impaired vision, blurry vision. Blurred vision can be caused by many different conditions. Blurry vision occurs when a person who wears corrective lens, abnormalities present at birth, overexposure to the outdoors or a side effect of medications. Presbyopia can result in blurry vision too, mostly in your early to mid 40. Eye infection or injury may lead to blurred vision briefly. Cataracts always cause blurred vision, especially at nighttime. Glaucoma is another reason for blurred vision, which may happen suddenly. Macular degeneration can cause the loss of central vision, blurred vision and distorted vision. Diabetic retinopathy can not only lead to blurry vision but also blindness.
Blurred vision should not be ignored, because blurred vision can be the important clue to eye disease, aging, eye injury, retinal detachment or other conditions such as migraine, diabetes or stoke. When you find yourself of blurry vision, you should visit your eye doctor for an eye exam. Treatments or surgery will be depending on the cause of blurry vision.
In order to avoid blurred vision, make sure to do eye checkups from an ophthalmologist or optometris every year or half year. And daily habbits such as wear sunglasses, no smoking, keep blood pressure and blood sugar under control, eat green leafy vegetables are also effective to pretect you from blurry vision.
- How to cure dry eyes, blurry vision and fibromyalgia?
- I am suffering from dizzy spells. But only my right eye blurs. How to relieve this ?
- Why does wearing contacts make my eyes blurry when I go back to glasses?
- How long does blurred vision last after a concussion ?
- Why is my vision blurry after i hit myself in the eye by mistake?
- What causes temporary vision blurry?
- Why is my right eye getting blurry?
- Can a sinus infection cause dizziness and blurred vision?
- Why do I have a blurry vision when I have my contacts on?
- Can Stress Cause Headaches and Blurred Vision?