Many people will not replace their eyeglasses until they are broken or cannot be used anymore. The latest large-scale investigation indicates that 29.2% of the consumers of resin lens replace eyeglasses every three or more years; while 36.4% of them will not change their eyeglasses until they are broken. In fact, if the service time of the lenses exceeds its service life our nearsightedness may be aggravated, which is, however, ignored by most of the eyeglasses wearers. In view of this, I have some suggestions for you.
The common nearsighted people should replace their eyeglasses once a year. This change includes adjusting the lenses degrees and updating the eyeglasses. As we know, the optical corrective performance of the lens will be significantly affected once there are scratches on its surface. Therefore, the eyeglasses should be maintained and inspected regularly; moreover, they should be replaced immediately so as to keep them in a good working condition.
For the youngsters whose degrees vary fast, they had better replace their eyeglasses once half a year or a year. The myopia of the teenagers is more likely to be deepened as they usually need to see near objects for a long time. The teenagers whose eyes are overused need to have an optometry once half a year. If the eyeglasses are proved to be not suitable for the diopter variation they should be replaced at once.
Here I want to emphasize that the teenagers should have a mydriatic optometry before they replace their eyeglasses. The optometry should not be conducted carelessly and the eyeglasses should be matched strictly according to the prescription made by the formal hospitals. Apart from subjective optometry, mydriatic optometry should also be applied. The regulatory function of the teenagers’ musculus ocularis is too strong that the mydriatic optometry can be used to know their real refraction and dipoters. In addition, the diopter of the lenses should be consistent with that stated on the optometry list. If the deviation exceeds the national standard, the development of myopia or presbyopia will be quickened.
- Just out of sheer curiosity, Can you use reading glasses in place of prescription eye glasses?
- What is the best way to clean my prescription eyeglasses?
- Can I use the eyeglasses prescription for sunglasses?
- Can I just buy over the counter reading glasses without my prescription?
- How much are prescription eyeglasses at sam's club?
- How to get my kid to wear her glasses?
- What are the advantages of ordering eyeglasses online?
- Can prescription glasses be used as safety glasses
- how is your vision like when you take the glasses off if you are nearsighted?
- How much are prescription eyeglasses at costco?