Some national chains advertised LASIK eye surgery prices as low as $299 per eye, but the financial reports of those same chains showed that the average LASIK cost is about $1,350 per eye in 2002. New technology increases LASIK cost, such as laser flap technology and custom or wave front LASIK. Laser flap technology of a LASIK eye surgery is a procedure, in which the LASIK flap is created with a laser rather than a micro keratome, and the patient may has fewer flap complications and has a greater likelihood of achieving 20/20 acuity or better. So it typically costs more than traditional LASIK eye surgery. Custom or wave front LASIK eye surgery involving using wavefront technology to measure and map the aberrations and vision problems may used when the eye fails to focus light rays correctly, also increases LASIK cost.
After rising for several years, LASIK cost seemed to stabilize from 2006 to 2009. Industry sources report that the average LASIK eye surgery price in late 2006 was about $1,950. In 2007, LASIK eye surgery and laser-based procedures charged at a single price cost an average of $2,099. And at prices reported in 2008, the average of LASIK cost rose only slightly, to $2,105. The average LASIK cost reported in 2009 was $2,140.
Note that the price of LASIK eye surgery may varies from about $1,400 to $3,600 per eye based on many factors, including your individual prescription, where you live, and which surgeon you choose and which technology is used. Many eye surgeons don’t charge a separate fee for new technologies used in LASIK eye surgery, and instead quote their price as a single fee.
Other laser eye surgery average price in 2009 is listed below: CK: $1,500 to $2,900; PRK, Epi-LASIK and LASEK: about the same as LASIK; Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE): $2,500 to $4,500 per eye or more, depending on extra costs such as facility fees.
- How much does Lasik surgery cost ? Does it cause pain during sugery ?
- How long will vision be blurry after lasik?
- Am I a Candidate for LASIK ?
- How long for vision to stabilize after lasik?
- Do you depend on your glasses when you wake up in the morning?
- Who is a good candidate for lasik eye surgery?
- Why can't i have lasik eye surgery?
- What are the long term effects of lasik eye surgery?
- Right eye was clear yesterday but now its blurry and hazzy.
- Can lasik surgery fix farsightedness?