Some professionals in optical industry say that the plastic eyeglasses were a big invention in the 20th century. Today the majority of lenses used by almost 70% of the country’s population are made of plastic. Especially with the rise of aging population who will need plastic reading glasses, this further boost the total consumption of plastic eyeglasses.
Eyeglasses were mostly made of glass before the invention of plastic eyeglasses. Glass lenses are heavy and easily breakable, hence are not safe for wearers, especially for kids. Innovators in this area then started to think an alternate which would be lightweight, safe and shatter-free. People thought of the plastics. In 1962, the Pittsburg Plate Glass Company finally discovered and developed a substitute of glass lenses. This was the beginning of resin plastic eyeglasses. Later more types of even stronger and lighter plastic eyeglasses.
There are a handful of advantages of plastic eyeglasses. Lightweight, safety, more durability and low cost are the four basic benefits of plastic eyeglasses. Lightweight makes the wearing of plastic eyeglasses more at ease and comfort, especially for aged people, the frequent removing of plastic reading glasses makes possible without causing breakage. In addition, plastic eyeglasses are easy to accept tints and different coatings as add-ons. These add-ons protect our eyes.
Please note that plastics are also used in molding eyeglasses frames. Plastic eyeglasses in plastic frames cover the widest varieties of styles and fashions. For example, now there is no need for middle-aged people to feel ashamed of wearing readers as the stylish designer plastic reading glasses are accessible easily. Plastic eyeglasses really have changed the world of fashion and our lives.
- How to make plastic glasses fit better?
- How to clean the white off plastic frame eyeglasses?
- How much do plastic glasses cost at Walmart?
- Do you think black plastic glasses fashionable or nerdy?
- Metal and plastic glasses, which one last longer?
- What are the best way to clean plastic eyeglasses lenses?
- How to polish plastic glasses frames?
- Which one is better to go for, plastic or metal glasses?
- Is it Ok for older adult men to wear plastic prescription glasses ?
- Are plastic or metal eyeglass frames better for older women?