Plastic frames occupy a large portion of all the eyeglass frames. Plastic frames, especially those bold and thick one, are highly popular among girls and women. Plastic eyeglass frames are also the options for teenagers. As plastic frames are normally thicker than metal eyeglass frames, they are particularly good for fitting those thick-edge strong prescription lenses. Plastic frames are also lightweight and corrosion-free.
Plastic frames, after being worn for some time, may get crooked and warped, causing the optical center of lenses unmatched with that of the eyes. This may trigger eye strain and headache. This is when these plastic frames need to be adjusted.
Adjusting the plastic eyeglass frames is not as easy as metal frames. The best way to adjust the plastic frames is to send the eyeglass frames to your optician who has the professional outfits such as sand or fine glass beads heated container to “sand bathe” and then soften the plastic frames to be bended for adjustments.
If you want to adjust the plastic frames at home, some people suggest use hair drier to heat the eyeglass frames, or use hot but not-boiling water to soak the plastic eyeglass frames for some 10 minutes, and then slightly and slowly bend the softened temples to the positions you intend to and hold till getting cooled. Please note that some material of plastic frames could not be softened using above home heat. In case you will use other heat sources such as oven, you need to be cautious of overheat which may ruin the plastic eyeglass frames, and of getting burned though the plastic eyeglass frames are not so easily ignited.
One case that no heat is needed to adjust the plastic eyeglass frames is to adjust the hinge part, when the two temples are warped with one temple being higher than the other. You can simply grasp the temple and apply strength to bend it either up or down depending on the situation.
A good habit of putting on and removing the plastic frames eyeglasses by holding the two temples using two hands evenly can reduce the warp and crook of the plastic frames.
- Which one is better to go for, plastic or metal glasses?
- What are the best way to clean plastic eyeglasses lenses?
- How to clean the white off plastic frame eyeglasses?
- Metal and plastic glasses, which one last longer?
- How to make plastic glasses fit better?
- How much do plastic glasses cost at Walmart?
- Are plastic or metal eyeglass frames better for older women?
- Do you think black plastic glasses fashionable or nerdy?
- How to polish plastic glasses frames?
- Is it Ok for older adult men to wear plastic prescription glasses ?