Protecting your eyesight is extremely important, because your eyes are very sensitive and easy to be damaged. It is helpful to wear safety glasses for eye protection. If you don’t know much about safety glasses, you will have a clear understanding from the following content. You may find it useful to wear safety glasses.
Feature of safety glasses:
1. When compared to normal glasses, frames of safety glasses are stronger. In addition, they are designed to be impact-resistant to prevent the lenses from breaking and entering your eyes.
2. Lenses of safety glasses are designed to be more impact-resistant than normal glasses. If an object is going to hit your face, it can well protect lenses from being broken. In fact, safety lenses are often made of polycarbonate that is the lightest and most shatter-resistant. It is said that polycarbonate is the best suitable lenses for impact protection. In addition, safety glasses are also available in prescription form for those persons who need corrective lenses
3. Safety glasses have side shield. Some safety glasses are in a wraparound style to prevent objects from entering your eyes; while other safety glasses have impact resistant side shields that are affixed to the frames. You can choose both of these two styles of safety glasses.
Safety glasses for working use
Worker safety eyewear is available in different working conditions. For instance, safety glasses that are used in medicine protect against blood splatter. Besides, safety glasses worn by a worker in a factory may have stronger lenses and frame with additional shield at the temples in order to protect eyes from flying wood, sawdust, etc. What’s more, many safety glasses have been designed to have function of preventing UV. It is of great importance when you do outdoor work, such as woodworking. Glasses manufacturers have made progress to provide user with impact resistant prescription lenses. People who wear glasses can still protect their eyes with the help of impact resistant prescription lenses.
Besides, if you have myopia and want the safety glasses for more specific uses, you can purchase a pair of safety sunglasses that are meant for your favorite sport. For example, you can buy a pair of wraparound sunglasses that are designed in the wraparound style, which protects your peripheral vision as well as the rest of your eyes. Besides, it can offer you better protection than ordinary sunglasses. You will benefit a lot by wearing it when you do outdoor sports, such as cycling, skiing, etc.
- Can prescription glasses be used as safety glasses
- Are safety glasses bad for your eyes?
- Can sunglasses be used as safety glasses?
- What are benefits of wearing safety glasses?
- How long should safety glasses be worn?
- Can oakley sunglasses be used as safety glasses?
- Can i get safety glasses at Walmart?
- What is the best way to clean safety glasses?
- Who should wear safety glasses?
- Is there a difference between safety glasses and safety goggles?